Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pounds in exchange for euro border service???

Options
  • 30-11-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Has anyone been cross border shopping and changed money at the border?

I have heard rumors of people getting €for £exchange at the border.

Does anyone know or have used this service?

Im not talking about actually shopping I mean a money exchange service that gives pound for euro exchange. thats £1 for €1

That sounds like a great deal and I would choose this over and Irish bank as they are only giving the current exchange rate... but it seems a bit too good to be true!!

I understand shops doing it as its really a 10% discount they are giving you but a place that takes euros and gives back the same amount in pounds is mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Would this be more at home in the NI bargain alerts forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

It's borderline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I think you have it the wrong way around, you'd get a euro for a pound all right but not a pound for a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

masterK wrote: »
    I think you have it the wrong way around, you'd get a euro for a pound all right but not a pound for a euro

Thats kinda what I thought aswell...

But I have heard around of some people stopping off on the way across the border and changing €1 for £1 which seems really good value but I cannot see why anyone in ther rite mind would provide such a service...

They would be doing themselves out of a bucket of money!!!

What I am wondering is if anyone has actually seen this service or used it while crossing into NI recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a Bargain Alert!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement