Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo- Car of the Year 2010

Options
  • 30-11-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/245413/

Very safe choice in the end. Its not really an exciting car in any way so tbh, cant see how this has won it over the Astra

That said, probably more deserving than our SIMI car of the year 2010:D:P

Deserving winner? Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

IMO,i think the Astra or the 3008, would be more suitable!
    I am sorry but most VW,s bland,bland,bland:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

The level of interest in this thread says it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

you can't beat VW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Aye, and if you look at this list, the COTY winner nearly always shows some kind of innovation in design, styling or mechanicals but tbh i cant see much if any innovation on the new polo. I mean the platform is only very slightly altered from the platform of the old car, it has one innovative engine i guess, in the forum of the 1.2TSi(But its probably very similar to the 1.4TSi which has been around for a few years), and the design is hardly pushing the boundaries either!
    The level of interest in this thread says it all!

Clearly:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rondolfus wrote: »
    you can't beat VW

Until you own something else. ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭jaffa20

In fairness, i think it's best of the small cars out there anyway;

Volkswagen-Polo_2010_800x600_wal-7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Rondolfus wrote: »
    you can't beat VW

With a big enough stick you can. The quality of the VAG cars is vastly overrated. I've spent a grand in the last week sorting out a 3 year old one.

Safe choice there but I think the Astra would have been a better choice. Saying that there isn't anything exceptional on the shortlist. Some good cars definitely but nothing that will be a benchmark for years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The least interesting competition since I can actively remember (and that's well over 3 decades :D) and one of the blandest winners - yawn ...zzz..zzz

Advertisement