Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelander Loosing Power

Options
  • 30-11-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I have a 2006 TD4 with 60k (KMS) on the clock.

Last night as I was driving home I noticed a definite lack of power. The jeep struggled to keep a reasonable speed even on very slight inclines.

The diesel was running low (not on Red but perhaps an eight of a tank left). I decided to fill up as I reckoned it could be some dirt at the bottom of the tank causing my problem. Initially this looked to have fixed the problem and I rested easy last night…

However this morning on the way to work it is clear the problem is still there. When driving on an incline I have considerably reduced power and an amber engine warning light comes on (it is the light on the right hand side of the Rev Counter). Taking my foot off the accelerator results in the light going off.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

Hi BlackAvon,

I'm not expert, but I have seen reference to this on other forums and it seems to point to a faulty fuel sensor or EGR.

Do a search on a Land rover specific website, like Land rover addict http://www.landroveraddict.com/smf you might get a better answer there.
    If you know a mechanic that can plug the car into a computer, they could check for any fault readings from the onboard ECU.

Landy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Also check your intercooler hoses for splits. As Landyaddict says, if there's nothing obvious wrong you need to get it plugged in. The LRA forum is a good site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

as above, egr, maf sensor or i hope not a turbo....those bloody bmw diesel engines are a curse....is there swirl flaps on these engines guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 BlackAvon08

According to my local garage the fuel pump needs to be replaced...I'll keep you posted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

Did they plug it into a computer to check the diags codes?
    Are they familiar with the Freelander?

You don't want to be spending money on a fuel pump if its just a sensor.

Landy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

a fuel pump is'nt the end of the world....make sure they give you the old one back.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 BlackAvon08

Did they plug it into a computer to check the diags codes?
    Are they familiar with the Freelander?

You don't want to be spending money on a fuel pump if its just a sensor.

Landy

I believe so but I will double check - Cheers.

Advertisement