Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

N20 Driving

Options
  • 30-11-2009 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

From AA Roadwatch

Slow down as roads are still slippery! • 7 crashes have been dealt with on the N20 Cork/Limerick Rd between Buttevant and Charleville. Roads are still slippery and tailbacks remain both ways between Charleville and Mallow. • Icy conditions are improving North of Cork city although there were several crashes this morning in Kileens, Blarney and Rathduff..

What the hell were people doing the morning. People are constantly speeding on this road. Mallow-Cork. I never see a garda on the road checking for speeding. So I am not surprised that people did not slow down on this road.

Furthermore the buttevant/charleville is a terrible piece of road but truck after truck and SUV are speeding on this road on a daily basis. There have been multiple crashes on here over the last year but yet again not a sign of a Garda. Also why cant people slow down and learn how to drive propely. Is this it an Irish thing??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

once again the dumb people in this country are too thick to stop for a moment and think how the weather may affect their driving and adjust their driving accordingly. No, instead we like to be cock sure of ourselves and end up causing an accident and risking the lives of many.

Survival of the fittest continues in Ireland, how many more must die before we wake up and realise this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

conditions in North Cork were attrocious this morning, I crawled at about 20 k for miles, it didnt stop some woman in a Focus sitting on my tail or a guy in a Mondeo overtaking everyone...fools

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Slippy Slidey Slippy Slidey all the way around the roundaboutttttt

Sorry I'm happy lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Guys hour and half from mallow to cork it was crazy fire brigade,Gardai, and EMTs did really well dealing with a 7 car RtA on motoraway aswell, Mallow is divisional for traffic corp in north cork, i see them all the time, this morning there was no marked cars in the station it was worst every had been... there only 20 TC on in the city every morning so really they cant be everywhere so slow down please :)

Advertisement