Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of Corrosion Repair?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Cor failed the MOT and one of the reasons was there was corrosion on the sill near a mounting. It was MOT'd in kwikfit and the fella didn't know how much it would be to repair. It's not nasty looking corrosion but there is enough of it I suppose, roughly half a foot.

This is probably a total "how long is a piece of string" question but in general how expensive can it be to fix corrosion? The car is ancient so if it'll cost alot then it's not worth it but the annoying this is I'm leaving the UK in circa 6 months so it's possibly just as expensive to buy another banger to tide me over.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Hang on, are you in the UK? If so you're better off asking on a UK forum to get a better price estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Confab wrote: »
    Hang on, are you in the UK? If so you're better off asking on a UK forum to get better guesses on price.

Yeah I'm in the UK but prices are going to be soooomewhat comparable and I don't use the UK boards (I like sticking with original flavour) :)

Advertisement