Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation Perimeters?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I am just trying to figure out how to go about creating an insulated perimeter with my floor insulation.

As it stands I have 50mm cozy board on all external walls and I have 125mm of insulation on the floor.

I aim to have a screed of 50mm and would just like advice on perimeter insulation to prevent cold bridging.

From all the images that I have seen (from insulation companies) the perimeter insulation is brought up a far as the skirting). So the skirting would essentially be sitting on the insulation, and the screed would be contained within this perimeter.

Or should the perimeter only come up around 25mm and the screed be poured over the this? Thus making the perimeter a thinner thickness of screed because of the additional insulation used.

(I can post the images that I am looking at but it does give away the brand of insulation used)

Advertisement