Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joystick suddenly not working

Options
  • 30-11-2009 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭

I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force that I use to play IL2 Sturmovik which is a combat flight sim. I haven't played the game in about 6 months and the joystick has been sitting beside my PC for that length of time still plugged into one of the USB slots.

After getting the urge to dogfight again, I desided to dust off the joystick and have another go. I loaded up the game but the joystick will not respond at all. It's lifeless. I plugged it out and plugged it back in again to see if that would revive it but I got nothing. I didn't even get a 'Found New Hardware' message that would normally appear if plugging in a USB stick for example.:(

I spent about €60 on the thing about 2 years ago and there have been times when I wouldn't touch it for about 3-4 months but it would still respond whenever I decided to play again.

Is it possible for something like this to just randomly die? Please help!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I found out what the problem was. It wasn't plugged it in.:o

Advertisement