Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Interference Condenser

Options
  • 30-11-2009 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me what function this has on a car?
    I've tried google but I can't find an answer, It plugs in near the ignition coil and a wire coming out of it attaches to the engine block.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Stops electrical interference from the ignition coil from affecting the cars ECU and radio. It's a big capacitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

cork45 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what function this has on a car?
    I've tried google but I can't find an answer, It plugs in near the ignition coil and a wire coming out of it attaches to the engine block.

Its basically a capacitor. It is used to reduce interference from switching circuits or prevent "points" from arcing / burning out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Cheers lads.

Advertisement