Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Burning Smell Toyota Corolla 2000

Options
  • 30-11-2009 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey,

I have a 2000 toyota corolla and when i drive fast i get this burning smell. It only happens when i drive fast. Anybody have any suggestions?

I think it could be the clutch but i have no problem changing gears.

Thanks;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

garymac27 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have a 2000 toyota corolla and when i drive fast i get this burning smell. It only happens when i drive fast. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks;)

The clutch doesnt effect you changing gears. you only use it to disengage the drivetrain and engine. it wouldnt actually effect the gear change. If you take the car out and get into 2nd gear and floor the accelerator. If the revs go high with no decent acceleration its the clutch slipping and that may be your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

garymac27 wrote: »
    Hey,

Thanks;)

Tyre-smoke?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

probably burnt oil/petrol fumes from driving on the engine

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

One of the belts slipping?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Is there coolant in the engine/rad/cooling system?

• Advertisement
Advertisement