Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dilated Cardiomyopathy

Options
  • 29-11-2009 6:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have been told by my Doctor's in the last week that I have Dilated Cardiomypathy. At this moment in time I can do very little before i get Pains in my chest and find it very diffacult to breath. Can anyone tell me more about this disease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You might get more info if you start a thread in the Long Term Illness forum.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amjon

I have been told by my Doctor's in the last week that I have Dilated Cardiomypathy. Can anyone tell me more about this disease.

Your doctor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 joemccarthy6

I should have said my Consultant who I was in the Hospital with for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I have been told by my Doctor's in the last week that I have Dilated Cardiomypathy. At this moment in time I can do very little before i get Pains in my chest and find it very diffacult to breath. Can anyone tell me more about this disease.

Joe,
    A couple of things:
    1. You asked your question in an old unrelated thread. I have moved it to a new thread.
    2. NO MEDICAL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN THIS FORUM.

If anybody wishes to give Joe information about Dilated Cardiomyopathy in general, go ahead. Anyone who gives Joe any specific medical advice will get an infraction and the thread will be closed.

The only specific piece of advice we can give you here is what Amjon said; See your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

UptoDate has a good patient infomation section on the condition. This is a reputable site, not some mickey mouse one!

http://www.uptodate.com/patients/content/topic.do?topicKey=~ti5LIhvRYAyn5

Here's the Irish Heart Foundation's section

http://www.irishheart.ie/iopen24/cardiomyopathy-t-55.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement