Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aokigahara Forest, Japan

Options
  • 29-11-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara
    http://usagiyjay.wordpress.com/2008/09/19/bosque-de-aokigahara/

Aokigahara is a woodland at the base of Mount Fuji in Japan that makes The Blair Witch Project forest look like Winnie the Pooh's Hundred Acre Wood. It probably has something to do with all the dead bodies scattered around.

What Niagara Falls is to weddings, Aokigahara is to suicide. How many suicides does it takes for a place to get that reputation? A dozen? Fifty?

More than 500 ****ing people have taken their own lives in Aokigahara since the 1950s.

The trend has supposedly started after Seicho Matsumoto published his novel Kuroi Kaiju (Black Sea of Trees) where two of his characters commit suicide there. After that-always eager to prove they are bizarrely susceptible to suggestion-hundreds of Japanese people have hanged themselves among the countless trees of the Aokigahara forest, which is reportedly so thick that even in high noon it's not hard to find places completely surrounded by darkness.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Japanese people are mental. A quick google image search for Aokigahara shows lots of remains of suiciders.

Freaky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

a very scary place i imagine. so much anguish has to leave something behind, theres no way i'ld spend a long time in that forest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I feel sorry for all those who killed themselves there.
    Also,the place could do with a bit of a clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Creepy place... Shouldn't have click the links above and seen the pics before I went to sleep, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Wow. Anything reported to be there, like ley lines or whatever? Or Japanese demons, there's loads of them in mythology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Jaysis, that second link is very disturbing! Those poor souls.

Destination Truth did a show there . Its also kept very hush hush by the Japanese government . You have to remember Japan has a very long history with suicide . I wouldnt class it as paranormal but strange none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Damn, those pics are rather gruesome alright... judging by the decomposition of some of those bodies, they must have been found quite some time after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I read about Aokigahara Forest on Listverse.com a while back, they rate it No.2 in the world for spooky travel destinations. http://listverse.com/2009/09/02/top-10-spooky-travel-destinations/

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Old school creepy ****! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement