Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jetfile (Illegal Party in the 90's)

Options
  • 29-11-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Any members at it? it was down in sherrif street, billy scurry DJ'd at it and everyone at it got nicked, made the evening herald and all.

I don't remember much of the night apart from the shutters getting kicked in and a semi circle of cop vans waiting to throw everyone down to store street. NWS **** the police was the last song playing as everyone got hauled out.

If anyone was at it what year was it? think i was about 14/15 years old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Heard about it all right, but wasn't at it... Didn't the van load of people who were dragged down to store street manage to somehow escape before they were all taken inside for questioning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Heard about it all right, but wasn't at it... Didn't the van load of people who were dragged down to store street manage to somehow escape before they were all taken inside for questioning?

Lol!!!!! Brilliant!!!! Fair play to them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yeah i remember this alright but didn't go, chances are i was at Sides that night or the Olympic Ballroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

It was on after sides, nobody escaped, once the shutters got kicked in their was a semi circle of cop vans (about 8 of them) and everyone got thrown into them, was funny as fuuuuck down the cop shop though, people of their faces dancing and ****, the whole thing was new to the cops and they hadn't got a clue what was going on.

There was a guy on the roof of the pub with a police scanner and everyone was told the cops were on the way - i don't think one person left the place.

another time i remember the lights came on in Sides one night and wall to wall was full of cops with dogs - there was bags of stuff getting thrown all over the place. Think that made the papers too - the dance scene only every seemed to of getting bad press.

Goodtimes

dubsbhoy wrote: »
    It was on after sides, nobody escaped, once the shutters got kicked in their was a semi circle of cop vans (about 8 of them) and everyone got thrown into them, was funny as fuuuuck down the cop shop though, people of their faces dancing and ****, the whole thing was new to the cops and they hadn't got a clue what was going on.

There was a guy on the roof of the pub with a police scanner and everyone was told the cops were on the way - i don't think one person left the place.

another time i remember the lights came on in Sides one night and wall to wall was full of cops with dogs - there was bags of stuff getting thrown all over the place. Think that made the papers too - the dance scene only every seemed to of getting bad press.

Goodtimes

haha i remember it well, mad mad times :)

• Advertisement

Another illegal Rave i was at once, went on all nite the Pavillions in Ballymun, deadly nite, loads of mad looking heads there but like in the asylum no trouble at all.:)

Ballymun was some place for partys alright, i remember another one in neilstown in a building site (an unbuilt house), the dirt of me getting into a taxi the next morning

I think a memory gland is after re-opening......there was a massive one down on dollymount beach after some big gig in the point - hundreds of english and nordys came over for it.

Maybe we need to get a few warehouse partys going again, god knows the resession has left enough empty buildings around the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

there was one on saturday.

Táck wrote: »
    there was one on saturday.

How big?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

not sure, i wasnt there. but sounds like up to 100 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

dubsbhoy wrote: »
    I think a memory gland is after re-opening......there was a massive one down on dollymount beach after some big gig in the point - hundreds of english and nordys came over for it.
    It was after the Prodigy's first gig in the Point. Think it might have been called the Heaven on Earth rave.

There were loads of people back at Dollymount that morning. Everybody had their car doors open banging out the sounds on their car stereos.

I always remember a party in some community centre off Charlemont Street (I think?) up around the Bleeding Horse.

A couple of blokes from the flats got their hands on the keys for the community centre and invited the whole Olympic Ballroom back for a party. And strangely enough I think everybody took them up on their invitation. :D

Took a while for them to hook a stereo up to the PA System but when they did the place was kicking. Although it wasn't long before the police and local residents turned up and wanted everyone out. And the response was to barricade the doors until the police told everybody in no uncertain terms that if the place wasn't voluntarily cleared that they would do it by force.

I always wondered what happened to the lads that got the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

good_old_days_blank_note_card-p137898624964802974q6k5_400.jpg

Advertisement