Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPRN Number

Options
  • 29-11-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've just bought my first house and was trying to figure out how to get my MPRN number so I can set up my Bord Gais electricity account.
    Only problem is that the number I have on my meter is an 8 digit number and the 'new' MPRN that they ask for is 11 digits.
    Any ideas on where/how to find my MPRN?
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Any ideas on where/how to find my MPRN?

It is on your ESB bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If you don't have a bill to hand you can also ring Customer Supply and they'll give it to you. Airtricity are cheaper than BG though.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

My first house so I don't have an ESB bill for this House

Re: sdonn
    Yeah, I'm gonna try ringing them tomorrow, just thought somebody may have an idea. Don't particularly want to spend hours talking to someone in customer support if I don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

theShire wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm gonna try ringing them tomorrow, just thought somebody may have an idea. Don't particularly want to spend hours talking to someone in customer support if I don't have to.

Used to work for Airtricity switching people over; it's usually a 2 minute call.

• Advertisement

sdonn wrote: »
    Used to work for Airtricity switching people over; it's usually a 2 minute call.
    Thanks,
    I'll make the call in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pudzianowski

theShire wrote: »
    My first house so I don't have an ESB bill for this House

If it's a new house, when you pay the ESB for making your connection, the new connection MPRN no. will be given to you on the documentation. The builder should have this.

If it's a new house, when you pay the ESB for making your connection, the new connection MPRN no. will be given to you on the documentation. The builder should have this.
    The house is about 8 years old and I'll be the 2nd owner. I'll give ESB Networks a call tomorrow to see if they can help me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Ring them with the meter no., and your address (Networks that is), and you'll be laughing.

Thanks everyone. I've got it sorted.
    I emailed ESB Networks on Sunday night with my Address and Meter number and they got back to me Monday before lunch with my MPRN.

• Advertisement
Advertisement