Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Emotional Attachment

Options
  • 29-11-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Yea ya read it right, do you have one to your car?

Not gonna lie about it i do have one to my car, out of all the cars i've owned i've had it the longest and done the most miles on it, and done all the work on it too. I think it looks respectable too. Couldnt bare to sell it.

So do ya get a emotional attachment to your car? Or do ya think its silly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm the same. It's only my second car, but I wanted it for a long time. I had motorbikes before I got into cars, and out of them all, the integra is still my favourite. I can't see myself ever selling it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

its hard to feel attached to an almera :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Of course I do, I love my seats, the noise, the...everything =D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have never been attached to any car because Im always wanting something bigger, newer and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I do. I should probably buy a new car and can well afford to do so - but a combination of emotional attachment and me being a tight bastard makes it difficult.

If you ever read "rust in peace" sections in classic car magazines you will often a rusty heap that is rotting into the ground and it is clearly stated that the car is "not for sale". Usually the owner won't even sell any parts off it. I suspect this is an extreme example of emotional attachment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

BrianD3 wrote: »
    I do. I should probably buy a new car and can well afford to do so - but a combination of emotional attachment and me being a tight bastard makes it difficult.

If you ever read "rust in peace" sections in classic car magazines you will often a rusty heap that is rotting into the ground and it is clearly stated that the car is "not for sale". Usually the owner won't even sell any parts off it. I suspect this is an extreme example of emotional attachment.

Would you be driving a "classic" Renault by any chance?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I only realised after I sold my Safrane that Ihad an emotional attachment. It took all of 10 secs to realise. Boo urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Silvera wrote: »
    Would you be driving a "classic" Renault by any chance?;)
    I have a small fleet of classic* Renaults ;)

*not really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭alias no.9

its hard to feel attached to an almera :pac:

What if your trouser leg got caught on the curry hook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I was very attached to my first car and would love to have it back.
    Not sure if I'm the same with this one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Yes indeed, definately emotionally attached! As per one of the posts above, I've wanted it for so long (the car that is!) that I never want to sell it! I'll have to in time mind 'cause the tax is a killer!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

I sold a Rover Mini Cooper and regretted it as I saw it driving away.
    Within two weeks I had bought another one although I hadn't intended to replace the first.
    Had to sell that too after about a year as the skangers in the locality were interested in it too but only in a one night stand type of way.
    One day when I have a garage and a hermetically sealed enclosure a Mini will be mine again.

Advertisement