Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why do drivers speed?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

When im in Ireland, the drivers there always speed like 70MPH (i say MPH because its easier to know instead of KPH) on the country roads?

Like here in England we get speed limit of like 40MPH on our country roads and 30MPH on bends. Why do Irish Drivers Speed alot? Are they allowed to do it on their driving tests?

The reason why im asking a question because i was born in england :o

If i posted that thread in the wrong forum. im sorry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

70mph? I do that into me driveway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

those rainbows's don't last forever....got to be quick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

FREEBBC wrote: »
    Like here in England we get speed limit of like 40MPH on our country roads and 30MPH on bends.

Because here in Ireland we slap a speed limit of 80 km/h on anything that isn't a national road, regardless of what speed would actually be appropriate for the road.

So, basically we all play it by ear, just some like to play even faster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Everyone likes to get where they're going the fastest way possible, just some eejits do it in the wrong place, like a back road, while us fuckers on the motorway/national roads get stung for doing motorway/national road speed :{

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

FREEBBC wrote: »
    i say MPH because its easier to know instead of KPH

easier to know? yes if your working/living in the uk but it's metric here so easier to know KPH. Didn't think it would make a difference until I was driving in the uk last weekend....every time I saw a sign with an "m" on it I kept thinking it was meters....got really confused as to how far away things were :p.

• Advertisement
Advertisement