Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Planes, trains, tube's, buses and taxis....

Options
  • 29-11-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

... and then you get back from your weekend!

... get seated all nice for a bit of couch surfing when the mrs says "there's no food in"

You think sh*t... then you go, fcuk it lets go... and you get back in your car after being away AND EVERYTHING IS JUST LOVELY and feels RIGHT.... and you have a nice sunday evening drive - pick up the necessary messages all fast, get back in the car and enjoy the drive home.

It took less than 40 mins, and I'm back on the couch...

Stocked up all nice for the week ahead & even topped up the tank and checked the air (when she was getting the groceries).

Nice!!:P

...ppchhhsssshhhh (that's a nice beer being popped open):pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

where,s this post goin????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭B11gt00e

it's goin' feet up with some suds for the rest of the night.

You gotta go out for a drill or something their infantry?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Totally agree. Anytime I'm back from holidays, I look forward to driving my own car again, especially if the hire car has been some horrible little postman pat van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

yes , that feeling is the reason why you'd have to drag the average commuter kicking and screaming on to public transport...they'd rather sit in a jam in their car than on a bus in a QBC!

it feels weird i have to say driving your own car back from the airport when you arrive home from spain since they drive on the opposite side of the road!! nope op no drills for me am outta that ****e four years now am a sales rep on the road every day mon to fri workin for kerry foods

• Advertisement

it feels weird i have to say driving your own car back from the airport when you arrive home from spain since they drive on the opposite side of the road!! nope op no drills for me am outta that ****e four years now am a sales rep on the road every day mon to fri workin for kerry foods

You'll be eating up miles on a daily basis then!

... I just like the sensation of driving after a weekend where all things transportation was out of my control.

City break - thus no rental needed this time... Just felt good to be back behind the wheel with nothin' but empty roads (although quite a few speed bumps) ahead of me.

... that feeling is what the post is about! - esecially when your bond with your motor is enough to make a wife cast a green eye on your automotive beloved!!:eek:

This weather's no good to be drillin' in anyways!
    it feels weird i have to say driving your own car back from the airport when you arrive home from spain since they drive on the opposite side of the road!!

I know this feeling. It's worse if you've been in a left hand country(ies) for ages, and you return acclimatised to that... so you start going to the drivers side of the car, even when you're getting a lift from a mate!!

yep i do about 3000km a week i,d say on the road from five in the morning until around three,it a job at least in these bad times eh!

yep i do about 3000km a week i,d say on the road from five in the morning until around three,it a job at least in these bad times eh!

A job for sure and then some. Driving's a great thing, but its like anything else.. if you have to do it for a living, it can take some of the fun out of it.

... but doing big mileage (if the trips vary) can allow you to see a lot of the country and to be aware of current affairs by just noticing things around you on the road all the time.

Keeps you tuned in in a way... although it takes hightened awareness these days with all rules, regulations and traffic volume. 3000 km's a week is pretty meaty.

You see the best of the day sometimes though, when your out on the road for dawn like that... I enjoy those moments especially if its a nice coloured sunrise and the rest of the day turns out to be a washout!

I guess what motor you drives makes a big difference when you do a lot of long haul...

B11gt00e wrote: »
    A job for sure and then some. Driving's a great thing, but its like anything else.. if you have to do it for a living, it can take some of the fun out of it.

... but doing big mileage (if the trips vary) can allow you to see a lot of the country and to be aware of current affairs by just noticing things around you on the road all the time.

Keeps you tuned in in a way... although it takes hightened awareness these days with all rules, regulations and traffic volume. 3000 km's a week is pretty meaty.

You see the best of the day sometimes though, when your out on the road for dawn like that... I enjoy those moments especially if its a nice coloured sunrise and the rest of the day turns out to be a washout!

I guess what motor you drives makes a big difference when you do a lot of long haul...
    and used to it i am in every weather condition i never look forward to ice and the cold though coz trying to keep 7.5 tonnes goin straight on ice is very hard!!! but i do like it in summer coz ya get to see nice sunrises and nice parts of the east coast as i do up as far as brittas bay in wicklow, i don,t mind driving at all as i used to do my work all week and when was goin with a girl who went to college in ul i used take the trek straight after work up to limerick from waterford i used be wrecked but did,nt care coz was on the road

and used to it i am in every weather condition i never look forward to ice and the cold though coz trying to keep 7.5 tonnes goin straight on ice is very hard!!! but i do like it in summer coz ya get to see nice sunrises and nice parts of the east coast as i do up as far as brittas bay in wicklow, i don,t mind driving at all as i used to do my work all week and when was goin with a girl who went to college in ul i used take the trek straight after work up to limerick from waterford i used be wrecked but did,nt care coz was on the road

On the road again - Willie Nelson song springs to mind for your situation.

You still got a fair bit of mobility with 7.5 tonnes though. Ridged chassis? I could only imagine her trying to drift out on ya on a bit of black ice...

You play a lot of tunes? radio? .. have a dog with ya or anything like that?

Driven big enough vans around nyc etc., the standard ford ecoline type (basically their type of transit) a good while back. through blizzards and rain storms... but always preferred the summer cruising with the windows down a lot of tools/lumber/ or sheetrock in the back. always had good tunes and the auto tranny with the big petrol engine was good for a laugh... didn't even have a license at the time, but the world was a lot mellower back in the mid nineties.

Nice to get an insight into you lifestyle.
    Mainly urban driving myself these days. But do get the odd weekend were I head for a 200 mile run... to see the folks and the atlantic and to get the f*ck out of the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

100% agree, i usually enjoy the car ride home from the airport, being in control of were you are going is a nice feeling after spending prolonged trips on public transport, plus i always enjoy listening to some Irish news on the journey home.

But its always nice getting back into your own car even if you have just being driving as good, if not a better car. I got the lend of a audi A4 for a day when my car was in the garage, i was glade to get back into my 96 honda prelude:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I remember last year I bought my car and imported it in the last week of May, and then I went to America for three weeks from first week of June. I actually enjoyed the holiday far less because I had a nagging urge all the way through, for it all to be over so I could get home to the car!
    It also made riding around in taxis and lifts from relatives so much more frustrating... :D

Advertisement