Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car has very high revs and no power

Options
  • 29-11-2009 7:53pm

i have a skoda fabia 2001 1.4 petrol, late last night while driving home i was stopped at a traffic light and when i went to move off and there was no power from the car,after changing into second gear i was still moving very slow(less than 20 mph) and the revs were very high and if i ease off accelerator and put it back on the revs drop slightly then car might pick up a little bit, once i get into fourth gear the car will be grand until i get going again.any idea's on what might cause this and how much it may cost me?thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sounds like the clutch is slipping to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Id second that , sounds like ur clutch is on the way out.

ouch, so going to set me back a good bit a take it?can anyone recommend a good mechanic in south dublin i can go too?

Advertisement