Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you price a car too low?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,

Im currently selling and am wondering can you go too low in price? I remember a few months ago I saw a car at a ridiculously low price and nearly straight away thought that there must have been something wrong with it. Is it just me or would other people question why a car is being sold at very low prices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

There are some genuine bargains out there the only way is go check them out thoroughly.

Lots are scams tho with only an email as a contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

oxegen85 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im currently selling and am wondering can you go too low in price? I remember a few months ago I saw a car at a ridiculously low price and nearly straight away thought that there must have been something wrong with it. Is it just me or would other people question why a car is being sold at very low prices.

Yes.

Price it at the lower end of the scale and it'll move easier. If it's too low people won't look at it as they think there may be something wrong with it.

Don't forget that the price you advertise isn't the price you want for it, so if you price low then someone will offer less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭oxegen85

Del2005 wrote: »
    Yes.

Price it at the lower end of the scale and it'll move easier. If it's too low people won't look at it as they think there may be something wrong with it.

Don't forget that the price you advertise isn't the price you want for it, so if you price low then someone will offer less.

But pricing low is the only way to get attention.. I have it the lowest on carzone and other sites and its nearly is priced at what I want for it. Not saying its crazy low but its a new car with very low mileage so some people might be thinking what happened with this car.

Advertisement