Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance on a 1.3 Glanza Non turbo

Options
  • 29-11-2009 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, i'm 17, i hav a provesional licience and was wondering how much it would be to get insured on a 1.3L toyota glanza non turbo. valued around €1500
    i would be getting insured under my dad's insurace and he has 100000's of years no claims:pac:.?
    thanks!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Around €250-€1,000,000 based on the details provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

How long is a piece of string? There's no way we could give you an answer without knowing where you live, how old you are, marital status, is the car going to be garaged, your driving experience, the cars value, etc, etc, etc. And if we did know all that, each insurance company will arrive at their own figures. Try a few of the websites for online quotes, and try phoning them tomorrow morning when they open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Hi, i hav a provesional licience and was wondering how much it would be to get insured on a 1.3L toyota glanza non turbo.
    i would be getting insured under my dad's insurace and he has 100000's of years no claims:pac:.?

And now as a condition of yr provo license u need yur da sitting next to you when u drive yr tin can coffin around, and if yr da is got any sense he would not risk his no claims bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

c4cat wrote: »
    And now as a condition of yr provo license u need yur da sitting next to you when u drive yr tin can coffin around, and if yr da is got any sense he would not risk his no claims bonus

No chance of using your full keyboard there, is there? It's not a mobile phone you're on, you don't have to use text speak - it hurt to read your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Good luck if you have a claim convincing any insurer ur dad's the main driver on a 1.3 Glanza Non turbo :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hi, i'm 17, i hav a provesional licience and was wondering how much it would be to get insured on a 1.3L toyota glanza non turbo. valued around €1500

Does your dad have his own car? Cos you can only use the NCB on one car at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stephen_295

yeah he has his own car too..
    i just want to get the cheapst insuance i can!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

A lot less if you refer to it as a 'starlet'.
    The name 'glanza' is only used by people who don't want to admit they drive a starlet - and for some reason those same people tend to set alarm bells ringing for insurance companies.
    I'm pretty sure that particular scam is a matter of history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Seen one of these badly crashed and burnt on a straight section of the ratoath road today.

Bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hammertime wrote: »
    Seen one of these badly crashed and burnt on a straight section of the ratoath road today.

Bizarre

Stolen? Crashed and then burnt out? Hardly bizarre and completely irrelevant to the thread.

OP just get an Irish Starlet, its essentially the same as the Glanza non turbo bar the bodykit, it wont be an import and you wont have to say Glanza to the insurance company so your premium will be much cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stephen_295

That Must Be a Sign For Me To Get Mine Really Quick Before The Rest Of Them Crash:pac:

I Checked for a quote with quinn for the 1.3l "starlet import 3dr" with a named driver its €895?
    seems to cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Your father can't use his NCB bonus on more than one policy, so it might not work out that cheap in the end. If he uses his NCB on his car, then he will have to start a new policy with 0 NCB and add you as a named driver on "your" car. "Your" car will also have to be in his name. And technically he will have to drive it more than you if you are only a named driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

No chance of using your full keyboard there, is there? It's not a mobile phone you're on, you don't have to use text speak - it hurt to read your post.

LOL!

Advertisement