Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Diagnosis Light On Seat Leon

Options
  • 29-11-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Hi i have a 2005 Seat Leon 1.9TDi 150bhp. The Diagnosis light is coming on. when you start the car its on and stays on until you turn it off again,then if you start it up again 1-2hrs later it might not com on at all. also if its on just after i start up i can turn the car on and off 2-4 times and then it will stay off. anyone any ideas on this?? i kno il prob have to go to garage with it but is about €100 to get a computer plugged in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

€100 to get a computer plugged in....:eek::eek: that sounds a crazy price...
    if you know someone with a good code reader they maybe able to get a p-code which may lead you in the right direction...:)
    Ron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

I know it is probably different where you are, but in the States, pretty much all auto parts stores will diagnose your check engine light for free.

However, if you are gonna spend €100, I would recommend buying your own diagnostics tool, because the price is about the same...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

To be honest it could be anything. The reason the light goes off when you turn the ignition on and off like that is because the car self diagnosis procedure hasnt cycled through the inputs from when the car is running, which suggests a runningfault with the car. You don't need to go to a garage to have your car plugged in. I, (as do many other mobile independents) have the diagnostic equipment to interrogate the EMS on your Seat, for a lot cheaper than 100 euro!. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Where are you based fiesta man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭beachlife

fiestaman wrote: »
    Hi i have a 2005 Seat Leon 1.9TDi 150bhp. The Diagnosis light is coming on. when you start the car its on and stays on until you turn it off again,then if you start it up again 1-2hrs later it might not com on at all. also if its on just after i start up i can turn the car on and off 2-4 times and then it will stay off. anyone any ideas on this?? i kno il prob have to go to garage with it but is about €100 to get a computer plugged in.

It doesn't cost anywhere near that!! in fact if you use a regular garage they will plug it in for free,The light is there to warn you of a problem.As soon as you see the light go to your garage and get it checked out !!! This WILL save you a lot of money in the long run!!!
    We charge 50 euro to non customers for a code read,but don't charge regulars anything(because if the is some thing wrong then we get the job)so if it's just a sensor or something like that .The customer only pay's for the part and fitting,This keeps them happy and keep's us happpy to have a regular customer.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If you're in Cork, you're more than welcome to use my (very basic) code reader. I got it brand new on eBay for about 50 Euro, and it's been great in fixing all the family's cars* :

AAAADNjZ598AAAAAAA9TWQ.jpg

*Before anyone says it, it's a basic basic code reader, and nowhere near dealer level diagnostics, but it's good for what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

If your anywhere near Galway I've got one of these lying around the place....:)
    MemoscanU581.jpg
    Like PaintDoctor it's basic but it has live data....:)
    Ron.

Advertisement