Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What heater for apartment

Options
  • 29-11-2009 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Could anyone advise me on what type of heater i should get for my apartment. My living room is 15 feet by 18 feet with ceiling hight of approx 7.5 feet. i'd like to get a small heater just for this room as i don't like using the central heating as i find it leaves the apartment feeling stuffy. What sort of heater would be best or what sort of heat output should i be looking at. i was thinking of a small gas or oil heater but i'm not sure if they would heat this size room.
    Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Thanks for your quick reply. I had a look at the heater on amazon and it looks quite small. Are you sure it generates enough heat for that size room.
    Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That heater is 2.4kw. I have a 2kw one in a larger room and it it heats it just fine. Having a fan in a heater dramatically reduces the time a heater can take to warm a room while also allowing them to be very compact.

In a pinch, I have used a 2kw hairdryer to warm a room that was otherwise freezing and it was about a tenth the size of the DeLonghi. A bit noisy, though, but better than putting up with 4 deg.

Advertisement