Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiga A1200 help!

Options
  • 28-11-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I recently got an old A1200 but i wont read any of the floppies i have for it

I have tried a cleaner in it but it didnt help. i am thinking of just getting a new

floppy drive but i dont want to do that if its the accual motherboard thats

damaged if any one could give me any advice i would be most thankful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

ok,have you tried formatting floppys etc?,also did you open the metal shutter on floopys to see any gunk on the disks itself?,does the floppy drive make any noises?,oh and have you been using HD disks?,i killed my one accidently that way,type amiga floppys into ebay to get used drive for about 15 pounds..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 billybobjoejr

yup i checked almost all of the floppys i have been using there all clean nope

none of these are HD disks there all original disks that came with the amiga

yea it starts to make the right noises as if its trying to read the disk but then

just stops, no noise nothing happes it just keeps displaying the insert a floppy

screen.

ok,the disks sound like they are blank/formatted so it cant boot anything off them,if you have the "workbench" disk *that was the amiga operating system*,insert that and then when thats loaded put in one of the disks to see if theres anything on them..

yup i have that disk but i wont even load that one

ok,all i can say is try get a amiga floppy off ebay or someone else that has one,to see if it will load at all,even pick up an "amiga format" floppy off ebay to see if it will load anything on your amiga,or even try the floppys on another amiga,or open up your amiga carefully and check the floppy drive for loose connections,sorry cant be much more for you,

• Advertisement

ok cool, thanks very much dude

Advertisement