Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winuae Maniac Mansion emergency help!

Options
  • 28-11-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Help me! Help me!
    After so many years I have succeded in running Maniac Mansion on my pc (Vista) because I have found WinUAE, an Amiga emulation program. I am a very simple computer user.
    The problem is that I cannot save a game. I press f5, click on "save game", but it does not work.
    (By the way, I have the same problem with the game fa-18 Interceptor... but anyway I am a maniac only of Maniac...)
    Can anyone save me?

Thank you soo much!
    :):):):):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i assume *because i never played manic on the winuae*you need press F12 then go into the floppy disk options and select make blank adf file,then save it somewhere,then when comes to save,press F12 to remove the manic floppy and browse and insert the blank one you just made and select that to "insert" it,and it should save to floppy,then press F12 again to remove your blank one and reinsert manic disk again to continue gameplay,the same thing should apply to the other game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 toounbelievable

You just saved me!!!
    One has to change disk 1 of Maniac with a new "standard disk" in "floppy drives"...
    I previously tried to select the new floppy in drive #3, together with the #1 and 2 of Maniac, and then I have started the game. But no, the floppy has to be changed with #1 during the game, for saving...

My happiness knows no bounds!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

little history lesson,goes back to the amiga days,to counteract piracy most of games had to use the amigas internal drive,very few games allowed use of external drive...

Advertisement