Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Problem

Options
  • 28-11-2009 6:38pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've had nothing but terrible internet since the floods last week. Tried ringing eircom only to be but on hold for an hour and then no answer on the other side. Speedtest indicateds .20 down and .05 up on the 1mb bundle, and a 50 timed ping test on google shows 15% packet loss.

What in gods name can I do to sort this? Because Eircoms support is like talking to a dog.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Post Your line stats by logging into your router on 192.168.1.254, they're under dsl statistics

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Line State Up Modulation DMT Data Path Interleave

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 1024 128
    SN Margin (dB) 14.50 18.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 61.00 31.50
    CRC Errors 15 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ouch, not good, with 61 attenuation You're lucky You're syncing at all. The adsl standard sets a max attenuation of 63.5 dB. You must be a long distance from the exchange, my guess is 4 miles+.
    http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm

If its dropping out maybe You should look into other options, what wireless provider is in Your area?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yep im a fair bit away alright.

no wireless providers in my area. kinda stuck what i got :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I've had nothing but terrible internet since the floods last week. Tried ringing eircom only to be but on hold for an hour and then no answer on the other side. Speedtest indicateds .20 down and .05 up on the 1mb bundle, and a 50 timed ping test on google shows 15% packet loss.

What in gods name can I do to sort this? Because Eircoms support is like talking to a dog.

If you called the faults department you would be on hold for over an hour. they were hit hard. Call 1890260260.

say you have slow speeds and you are getting packet loss. They will do a few tests and send it off to be be looked at by the techs. 3-5 working days though.

Just make sure you have your computer conencted up using an ethernet cable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement