Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economic Undergraduate Jobs??

Options
  • 28-11-2009 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, I am currently in my final year in NUI Maynooth studying economics and philosophy, I also came first place in NUI's Entrepreneur of the year competition last year and was wondering what sort of companies take on people with my sort of background. I was hoping to go on to do a masters but my circumstances have changed, so the world of work is what looks like is next for me and then maybe later on do a masters. So was wondering what experiences people have had in getting jobs to do with economics, I would pref be looking for something to do with ether macro or econometrics but all suggestions and recommendations are welcome??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

You will find it tough to get a job as an actual economist (i assume that is what you meant) with just an undergrad degree. However your award will stand to you in the world of business. Why not try shop around for graduate schemes in major firms in Ireland. If you don't believe me about the lack of economics jobs in Ireland, check this:

http://www.aeaweb.org/joe/listings.php

although that link may come in handy if you wanna emigrate.

I think this crowd might be looking for grads:

http://careers3.accenture.com/Careers/Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

If i had your talents id try start a business!

The jobs market is v tight at the mo and you wont be able to pick and choose as in previous years. Maybe try and intern somewhere if money isnt a prob to build up some experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CRoche09

The award would be pretty good on a CV. You should aim more towards business and then get the money for you MA and go back to economics!

Advertisement