Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MININOVA - No more

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Link seems to be dead!

Not that use Open Source people have need for torrenting copyrighted material - we are all free here! :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

croo wrote: »
    Link seems to be dead!

Not that use Open Source people have need for torrenting copyrighted material - we are all free here! :D

link above: http://mnstat.com/images/blog/index.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I wonder will that Dutch ruling require all stores selling content (CDs DVD etc) to stop selling until such time that they can gurantee that it's impossible for illegal version of content to be sold (i.e. bootlegged CD & DVD). They can look very real these days and simple hologram is hardly proof enough... the only way to be 100% sure is not sell any content I would imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

The Funny thing , is they shut one down a dozen more pop up.

1. Vertor
    2. SeedPeer
    3. Torrentreactor
    4. Alive Torrents
    5. KickassTorrents
    6. BTjunkie
    7. isoHunt
    8. yourBitTorrent
    9. The Pirate Bay
    10. Fulldls
    11. Bitsnoop

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Sposs wrote: »
    The Funny thing , is they shut one down a dozen more pop up.

Yeah, but Mininova was a very well designed website. The Pirate Bay is just ok at best to navigate. That's the real loss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

plus if you're on eircom you need to go via a proxy to get to the piratebay. painintheass.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Farcear wrote: »
    Yeah, but Mininova was a very well designed website. The Pirate Bay is just ok at best to navigate. That's the real loss!

Yeah, I found Mininova way easier to find stuff, bust nicer layout.

There will be sites popping up because others were shut down, and will always happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

The below site is similar in layout to Mininova so those who liked that site may prefer this one.
    http://www.torrentzap.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I loved Mininova, Only the Pirate Bay and Demonoid left now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

For TV, I use eztv.it. They used to have a direct download, but now they have it all on mirrors. Mininova was one I used a lot. Now I tend to rely on bt-chat.com. Isohunt is another favourite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement