Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixer to Speakers help

Options
  • 28-11-2009 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

I have a Vestax pcV-175, just wondering can i plug a normal set of speakers into them rather than have to fork out for a new set of speakers. Im banrupt now so if im told i need a set of speakers with the red and white cable then im going to all out cry.

IMG_3115.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

start crying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Fu*k!!!! Bought everything for under €500, thats not risen to €700 with customs charges and adapter and converters. ****, where would be the best place to get really cheap speakers, to be used as monitors, with those connections.
    Theres no way of plugging normal speakers into a connection and into the mixer is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

You can just use stereo HiFi system that has an aux input. The signal will be pre-amped by the mixer so you shouldn't use the phono input.

Get a jack-to-stereo lead, hook it up, bob's your uncle...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

As Steve said, just plug it into the amp/hifi....unless they are powered (active) speakers?

Jev/N wrote: »
    As Steve said, just plug it into the amp/hifi....unless they are powered (active) speakers?
    They aren't powered speakers, they are basically just a pair of JVC speakers that were lying around. The leads are directly connected to the speakers and are just a bit of wire at the end that I thought could be hooked into the mixer but obviously not:(
    Dont think we have any Aux lead speakers they all seem to be just the bit of wire that gets hooked into the stereo,$hite!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ah right, it looks like you'll need to find a hifi or some small amp to go between the mixer and the speakers to amplify the sound enough

Jev/N wrote: »
    Ah right, it looks like you'll need to find a hifi or some small amp to go between the mixer and the speakers to amplify the sound enough
    Suspected as much tbh. Will have to look for new speakers, have college exams so have about two weeks to look before i'll be beginning practising full on.
    Over to adverts me thinks. Cheers to everyone who replied aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

look for a decent set of used one's mate

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Suspected as much tbh. Will have to look for new speakers, have college exams so have about two weeks to look before i'll be beginning practising full on.
    Over to adverts me thinks. Cheers to everyone who replied aswell.

If you have computer speakers you could use them in the interim, sound like **** though in most cases.

Got it hooked up thorugh an old HiFi. Sounds well too, just going to go practice now:D
    Cheers to all replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement