Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone mobile broadband connection drop out.

Options
  • 28-11-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I did do a quick search and didn't find this specific issue discussed.

I currently have both a Vodafone mobile broadband and a Meteor broadband package. The meteor one has a much smaller ping (100ms) compared to the vodafones (400-4000ms) which is ridiculous. Also the vodafone connection just stops working literally every 10 minutes and I have to constantly disconnect and reconnect it the whole time. I haven't tested the speed but its clear from downloads etc that the meteor one is faster.

If I run "ping google.ie -n 1000" from the command line, 30% of the time on vodafone I fail to get a response.

Now I understand that meteor has been going for less time so it has less customers, but my modems are are both in exactly the same location and I suppose connect to the same tower (I might be wrong on this.)

Does anyone else have these vodafone issues or does anyone know whats going on. The modems are both newer USB models.

Sorry for the long post, but this is just pissing me off now. I've had the vodafone connection for over a year now, and until I got the meteor one a few months ago I assumed this was just normal mobile broadband behaviour. Vodafone support has been no help. Any tips? Thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement