Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas present for Pregnant Wife?

Options
  • 28-11-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Any ideas? My wife will be about 4 and a half months gone at Christmas? Usually get concert tickets or a citybreak abroad but dont think they suit this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Any ideas? My wife will be about 4 and a half months gone at Christmas? Usually get concert tickets or a citybreak abroad but dont think they suit this year.

I'm 27 weeks and I would be thrilled if OH organised a city break for me for xmas! Unfortunately money is tight, so nothing that extravagant for me, maybe we'll go to Belfast to stay with my SIL.

my point is she's pregnant, not sick :) She can still go on holidays. If anything you should do as much weekends away now as you can...who knows what it'll be like when the baby arrives.

if she feels well - go on a trip :) Just don't plan mad amounts of sightseeing so she doesn't get too tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I agree that a city break would be a brilliant idea!! She can still travel by airplane up untill 32 weeks afaik? She might enjoy being pampered in the hotel and some shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Pampers_Diaper.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Its our second baby so I know a little about the course! She really doesnt want to get on a plane. I suppose I know all the obvious ideas so I was looking for something different. She would love Westlife Croke Park tickets but its a week after the due date which might not suit! She may have to settle or a night in the Ritz Carlton with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

A spa treatment or voucher for a pregnancy massage could be a good idea. Women like a bit of extra pampering when they are expecting.

Jen ;->

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

A promise to do all the night feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

voucher for a massage or facial would always go down very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Its our second baby so I know a little about the course! She really doesnt want to get on a plane. I suppose I know all the obvious ideas so I was looking for something different. She would love Westlife Croke Park tickets but its a week after the due date which might not suit! She may have to settle or a night in the Ritz Carlton with me!

what about a break within Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭LaLucy

A beautiful necklace or ring or something sentimental and precious.. P.s big congratulations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Have to say, i'm in the same boat as your missus, baby #2 and will be around 5 months at Christmas. Normally love the travelling but this time round am more of a couch potato.
    In my book you cannot go wrong with spa treatments - but rather than just giving her the vouchers why not organise the day for her, most good spas do day packages with lunch/dinner included (could you do an overnight in the hotel also - possibly get a family member to look after your other child for the night). Just make sure you tell the spa she is pregnant so they will know what treatments are safe.

.... or diamonds are always appreciated ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

http://www.umamma.ie/index.asp
    Hi qpr... i was browsing on hibernian avivas website and found this link.. they specialize in pregnant massage and treatment days and because it's in wexford you could make a weekend out of it... i know if my husband came home with this for me for christmas i would be over the moon especially now i'm so big a pamper day would just be heaven..and they do mens treatments too so you don't have to feel left out!!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If she doesn't have a laptop maybe a netbook,being on maternity leave cuts you off from the world a bit.
    A food spa - I regret not buying one when I was pregnant!!
    Jewellery - women love it!!
    Box set of dvds - I managed to watch all the Gilmore girls and csi vegas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Would a day and night in Monart be suitable for someone about 25 weeks pregnant or is there restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

that would be lovely ... if you're booking any treatments though be sure to tell them how many weeks pg she is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Monart would be such a treat!!!

Check out the Merrion Hotel website as well for some stylish close by pampering... Spa, diner and night out in town. YES PLEASE!!

Advertisement