Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good mechanic - dead battery

Options
  • 28-11-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi everyone,

My car wouldnt start this morning, I think it could be the battery, no noise out of it nothing. I dont have any jump leads. Could any one reccomend an honest mechanic in the Dublin 7 area (stoneybatter, cabra) as I dont have a clue about cars...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

Don't know the area but I had the same problem a few months ago. I rang around the local garages and one bloke called round to me and replaced the battery there and then for €60 (plus a tip!!). If you don't get any responses here, might be worth getting out the phone book and ringing round.

EDIT: Would recommend you get a mobile jump starter and know how to use it. Mine got me out of many a sticky situation when I had old batteries in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Is there such thing as a friendly neighbour in Dublin?? If there is go buy some jump leads and knock on their door....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Holly_Golightly

Thanks I'll give that a go, she never usually lets me down but there is a first
    time for everything! Ironically I live right beside a garage but they close on Saturdays...need to brush up on my car maintenance...

thanks again :)

Redrocket, where would you buy jump leads!? Im clueless:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Redrocket, where would you buy jump leads!? Im clueless:(

Halfords, motorfactors, Any DIY should have a set of jumpleads.

• Advertisement

gonna check out the local DIY shop and see what I can get...nice day for a walk anyway! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 boxclever

your insurance company should have a free breakdown service who will come out and jumpstart it for you

Thanks everyone, I ended up buying a set of jump leads in my local DIY shop as reccomended here and managed to get my hands on another car to jump it off (if thats the right phrase!?!) so Im back on the road again, jobs oxo as they say!:D

Advertisement