Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for 1 week?

Options
  • 28-11-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭

I'm coming back to Ireland for 10 or so days at Christmas and will need the use of my car at home over the few days. Are there any companies that offer insurance for a week or even a month? Car is on English plates too if it makes much difference. (I know i should have paid VRT etc etc, I don't live or use the car in Ireland)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Have you heard about this:

www.gocar.ie

Might suit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

techie wrote: »
    Have you heard about this:

www.gocar.ie

Might suit you?

Possible, but like I said I have the car at home. Just to note, I'm only 22 so hiring a car probably wont be the best option (I'd be looking for a luxury type car though :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

if it's on english plates, why don't you insure it in UK, or switch your policy to it for 10 days? most insurance companies wont charge you a penny if it's just few days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    if it's on english plates, why don't you insure it in UK, or switch your policy to it for 10 days? most insurance companies wont charge you a penny if it's just few days

Don't have a UK address to insure it there, and I'm living in Spain so I don't have a policy at the minute

Advertisement