Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boring a well

Options
  • 28-11-2009 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi i did a search for this and i didn't find much info...

I have just bored a well for water. It's 250 feet deep and will have a submersible pump. The problem now is if i should put the pump into the garage which is about 10 meters back from where the well is. then i can just put like a man hole over the well.The only problem i can see with this is if the water in the pipe from well to the garage freezes and the pump is looking for water it will burn out the pump. So i would be putting this pipe down under ground and wrap it with insulation..
    The other option is to put a pump house over the well and put the pump into it. its just that its location is at the side of the house and towards the front.

I would like to hear any comments you have on this......

Colin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Reading your post makes no sense, I think you are referring to the well as a pump and to the water pump as a pump.

Anyway, if location is a problem just put a submersible pump into the well and, yes, insulate the pipework to the garage, where you can house the pressure vessle.

Note: do not name a company or product here, you're new so you dodged a bullet this time, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I think the manhole over the well is best and run the pipe into the gsrage to the pressure vessel and controls..

A point to watch with the manhole is to ensure that in the event of heavy dounpours of rain that the surface water cannot make its way into the well liner.

Remember of course you have an electrical cable to run along side the pipe from the well to the garage..

Advertisement