Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U-Values for Standard Building Materials?

Options
  • 28-11-2009 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi All,

This may or may not exist, but does anyone know where you might find u-values for standard building materials for people trying to work out u-values for their building elements? Some kind of repository?

e.g. Standard u-value for things like your bog standard 100mm thick masonary block, an air cavity, hollow core, natural stone, plaster, mortar, plasterboard, rafters, etc.?

For the likes of specific insulation products, then obviously the place to go would be to the manufacturer's website, but for some of the more generic materials as mentioned above, anyone have any ideas?

I've had a look at the builddesk trial version, but I find there to actually be TOO much choice there, and not that easy to pick any one item over another (basically I think it would be easy to generate inaccurate composite u-values by selecting incorrect individual elements).

Also, I noticed in a number of posts where people mention the SEI u-value calculator, but it looks like it's now missing from their website. If this was a downloadable executable (rather than an online tool), does anyone have a link for it anywhere else?

Cheers,
    GY.

(P.S. If there is no such thing currently, might it be a good idea for a sticky for people to refer back to? Mods, please comment!)

Comments

Advertisement