Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for Baby

Options
  • 28-11-2009 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

This may be obvious for some - me ...no kids, no idea :(

Visiting friends in Austria for Christmas. They're Austrian, no Irish links aside from us.

Need a present for baby boy - 9 months.

Don't really want to bring clothes. But wanted to bring something "irish".

Any inspiration?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

juke wrote: »
    This may be obvious for some - me ...no kids, no idea :(

Visiting friends in Austria for Christmas. They're Austrian, no Irish links aside from us.

Need a present for baby boy - 9 months.

Don't really want to bring clothes. But wanted to bring something "irish".

Any inspiration?

Hey i'm with you on the clothes, wouldn't go that way myself!

How about something silver? Like a silver keep sake box or silver cutlery set.

I know its not Irish but its lovely idea. Got both of the above off my brother for my small fella when he was born.

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

The Newbridge shop do a lovely range of baby gifts - photoframes, money boxes in the shape of teddy bears, 'baby's first tooth' boxes, 'baby's first lock of hair' boxes, baby rattles, etc. Plus they are an Irish design, so it could be nice to give to the baby/family. I know it might be a bit heavy to carry in baggage, but they really are lovely and are well received. It's a lifesaver for me as all my friends/family seem to be having kids at the one time!

Advertisement