Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia router NAT issues

Options
  • 28-11-2009 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Yeah, sorry about another one of these threads, but I've asked every corner of the Internet about this and no one knows.

My problem is that I want a Nat 2 connection rather than my current Nat 3. I have a wireless connection with that netopia router that Eircom supplied. I've been told that using IP passthrough will solve all my issues, but I can't get it working for this reason.
    When I go onto my IP passthrough page I got this screen

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/Qazdaz/router.jpg

192.168.1.5 is my PS3's ip address, but that's when it is not static. When I assign my Ps3 a static ip address it will not show up in that box, meaning I cannot use IP passthrough on my PS3. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

for the quadrillionth time its not possible get NAT2 on the eircom netopia only 1 or 3.....

im gonna cry if i see another eircom nat thread...
    throw your netopias away people ffs
    ive been there....but i have seen the light...
    throw them away and the problems end.....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I would Thank You, but your a Clare man! :D

No seriously, this topic has been discussed vastly on these boards. Do a search. You can only get NAT type 1 & 3, Nat type 2 is not possible. If you want to change to NAT Type 1 (Open NAT) do a search or keep it Carlow on YouTube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

BOBBY wrote: »
    for the quadrillionth time its not possible get NAT2 on the eircom netopia only 1 or 3.....

What? I have the netopia wireless eircom router and when I do a connection test on the ps3 I get a Type 2 NAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ur the only one so mate !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hysterious

I did what it said on the keep it carlow video but my PS3 couldn't get an IP address. Does anyone know what to do?

• Advertisement
Advertisement