Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

RIP 1210

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

A sad day indeed...RIP 1210's! On the positive side, it now makes owning one all the more "special" :cool:

I wonder when we will see the CDJ's in the obituaries?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

acman wrote: »
    A sad day indeed...RIP 1210's! On the positive side, it now makes owning one all the more "special" :cool:

I wonder when we will see the CDJ's in the obituaries?

I'm guessing that'll depend on the success of the 2000s, which don't seem to be hugely popular.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Dam you beat me to it, was just going to post this.

Wow, what a shocker. As a guy who's been flying the Digital flag for a very very long time, in one way I secretly chuckle - but really its quite shocking news. I really did not think it was going to happen so quickly, I thought turntables and vinyl would hold their current stance fairly firm for another few years before taking a decline. I think this will be a significant early blow though.

Of course turntables are not going to disappear just because the main manufacturer stops making them, but it certainly sends a big message to the market.

The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

its only the 1200MK5 and 1210MK5, in new zealand, being discontinued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

Clarification came from Panasonic UK to squash rumours. And It's not what you might think. So here goes - the 1200MK5 and 1210MK5 WILL be discontinued leaving the 1210MK5G as the top of the range and most definitely NOT discontinued. It never was a limited edition, just a flagship special edition model. And the 1200 and 1210 MK2 will continue as normal. So now there's some distance between the MK2 and MK5G models instead having a middle MK5 deck to confuse matters. So it's vanilla Technics or the more expensive piano black extra pitched blue light luxury model left in the range.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

ah ffs that's a bit misleading - her was I thinking that was beginning of the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

only a matter of time though..

Advertisement