Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda cars all over airport/thurs night.

Options
  • 27-11-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I was taking the missus to get her oil and water checked :eek: for her impending NCT last night (thurs 2330) old airport road and next thing out of nowhere goes 2 unmarked car (mondeo and focus RS?). Me being a bit of a gardacarsexual :o told the boss to floor it after them to see what the craic was..next thing there are squad cars everywhere....i mean everywhere, it felt like they were dropping from the sky :p This all happened around dublin airport crossroads and under the runway on the old airport road.

I saw them driving in every direction, doing u-turns, stopping anyone out walking. We finally saw them at an abondoned white jap sports car.

I saw the following

Marked mondeo x 5-6
    Marked Transit Van x 1
    Marked Corolla hatch x 1
    Marked Mondea estate x 1
    Marked traffic corps estate x 2
    Unmarked Focus hatch Black x 2
    Unmarked Focus hatch black RS x 1 (no way it was a bog standard the speed it took off at) x 1
    Unmarked Volvo s60 silver x 1
    Unmarked Camry x 1
    Unmarked Forester x 1

Airport police were buzzin around as well but probably cause there was a cat on the road ;)

I really am not "beefing this up", it's what i saw.

Anyone know what was going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

New Spar opening ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

peasant wrote: »
    New Spar opening ? :D

Na i checked that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

As it wasn't a Sunday there was no double time to claim, so very odd for that big of a gang

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭yaeger

O I heard about that....

It was the annual Christmas Garda treasure hunt :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

One of the cars radioed in a "vehicle travelling over 350Kmh", so they were out to catch it. It was described as "white, large spoilers coming out each side, and a large blue back with a gold harp on it". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

If ya rang them to tell them your house was being robbed - they'd tell you they havent the resources!! :rolleyes:

Probably caught someone doing 120km/h on the M50 and the all wanted to give chase cos they were bored - gives them a chance to act like boy racers!!

Was there any big heads of state, coming in or going out that night?? Might have got reports of cars/people looking suspicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Security for Jedward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Security for Jedward!

they'd need a lot more than that so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

post it over in the dublin forum, you might get an answer there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

There was a serious persuit on between Portmarnock and Malahide earlier in the evening, some impressive driving, i wouldn't be surprised if it was related.

There was easily 7 unmarked mondeo's and a few marked cars, doing 90mph + on the coast road, looked like they were going after an accord.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

was there no garda helicopter?
    Security for Jedward!
    surely its we that should be protected from that kind of crap?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Remarkable powers of observation that you could list the responding vehicle types, no.s etc. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

The helicopter can't operate in the vicinity of the airport. Something to do with airplanes getting in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

trad wrote: »
    The helicopter can't operate in the vicinity of the airport. Something to do with airplanes getting in the way.

Urban myth AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

trad wrote: »

Garda Air Support Unit can effectively ground/divert anything that might get in the way if required

Fishtits wrote: »
    Remarkable powers of observation that you could list the responding vehicle types, no.s etc. :rolleyes:

As i said i am a gardacarsexual ;)

Not actuall the case, I work in the airport and have seen the garda chopper cause go-arounds once before. Yes the Garda helicopter was out as well on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Have the lowdown for you...it was reported someone was doing donuts in the airport car park and the message got garbled cos someone added "with free sprinkles"

corktina wrote: »
    Have the lowdown for you...it was reported someone was doing donuts in the airport car park and the message got garbled cos someone added "with free sprinkles"

Dum dum dum dum...... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

2 for 1 on Actimels

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭B11gt00e

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I was taking the missus to get her oil and water checked :eek: for her impending NCT last night

Gold... absolute gold.

So that's what they're calling it these days... sounds like the garda might have been trying to do a bit of doggin??... There's a few big car parks around that area!!!:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

In London the Met Helis have to steer clear of London City Airport all the time, I should think that it would be the same with the Garda Helis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hugh Jass

donvito99 wrote: »
    In London the Met Helis have to steer clear of London City Airport all the time, I should think that it would be the same with the Garda Helis.

As far as I know, if the Air & Sea rescue copter can fly directly across runway 28 while in use, surely the Garda helicopter can also once they have clearance from the tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Hugh Jass wrote: »
    As far as I know, if the Air & Sea rescue copter can fly directly across runway 28 while in use, surely the Garda helicopter can also once they have clearance from the tower.

But in fairness, Rescue have a fairly predictable and direct route. The Garda heli can be going to and fro, at different heights etc.

BTW I have no idea on the constraints that the Garda AS may or may not have, just making an educated (:rolleyes:) opinion from other areas.

Advertisement