Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota engine problem

Options
  • 27-11-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

my car got flooded up over the engine bay about a week ago....left the car dry for a week....started it this evening....no problems....just that the engine light is flashing....24 times then constant for 1 min then flashes again 24 times.....just wondering whats wroung with it?

Also sounds like the car is misfiring aswell.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

The brother had a simular problem with his 01 accord. Was ok until about 10 mins after the flood and the EML came on, turned out to be the two oxygen sensors. Could be anything, best to get it plugged into a diagnostics meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CIAN247

ya i hope its sumting small like that

Its a 2000 1.6 corolla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Well he just ran into it unexpectedly, when she is idling for a bit would just drop the revs for a second and then recover. Will not know until you get it checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

(24) Air intake temp sensor (open/short circut)

Thats what that code relates to so happy hunting after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Air intake temp sensor is just pushed into the top lid of the airbox.Try drying it out,plug it back in,pull out the efi fuse (in fusebox in pas side of enginebay) for a few mins.This clears the ecu of error codes.Put in fuse,start engine.If it still flashes 24,then get a new/2nd hand sensor for it.

• Advertisement

k sourced the problem....i removed the wire from the injector on cylinder one....and joined the wire from injecter on second cylinder to first injector....car ran perfectly.....so deres a problem with the wire goin to injector or the ecm?

Anyone have an idea how to trace this wire?

Or the price of a new ecm if i need it.

Any help appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

CIAN247 wrote: »
    k sourced the problem....i removed the wire from the injector on cylinder one....and joined the wire from injecter on second cylinder to first injector....car ran perfectly.....so deres a problem with the wire goin to injector or the ecm?

Anyone have an idea how to trace this wire?

Or the price of a new ecm if i need it.

Any help appreciated.

That's a strange one. So you're saying that with the wiring for injector 2 connected to injector 1, the car runs fine?? Surely it would be misfiring as bad if not worse than before, because injector one would be pulsing out of sync with the camshaft phase signal...i.e fuel would be injected into cylinder 1 at the time it should be being injected into cylinder 2.
    Is it possible you're confusing the injector wires with the spark plug HT leads, and they've been switched around the correct way?
    I agree also with above post, disconnect battery or the EFI fuse and wait 10 secs for fault code to be erased, then check MIL light.

Nope def the injector wires...makes no sense like its running perfect now once i change it over..i havent touched the HT leads....wonder is my ecu shagged??...any idea on a cost of one of them or a recon cost?

Advertisement