Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes C180 - Broken Sunroof

Options
  • 27-11-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just bought a 1993 Mercedes C180 elegance and the sunroof doesn't work. Anyone know if this is a common problem with C180's? Google seems to indicates it isn't.

I figure it's not really a DIY job as I've read sunroof's are a real pain in the arse to fiddle around with. It doesn't make any noise when I use the switch so I reckon the motor is shot. Will it cost much to fix/replace the motor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Check the basics first, 1st thing I would do would be to check the fuse for the sunroof circuit, the switch with a multimeter and then the motor as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

I pulled out the sunroof switch and it was disconnected from the wiring. This was obviously done by the previous owner, do you know what that indicates?

Plugged it back in but nothing happened. I'm having difficulty figuring out which fuse is for the sunroof too. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Usually on the fuse panel box (im not familar with Mercs but on other cars) usually in the cabin or under the bonnet it will have a list of fuse (amps and their function).

You could test the switch using the resistance function of the multimeter to make sure that it is actually working.

Are you actually getting 12 volts at the switch?

There is probablty 4 wires leading to the switch.
    -Forwards for Sunroof
    -Backwards for Sunroof
    -12v supply
    -GND

Have you any idea why the previous owner disconnected the switch?

Advertisement