Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learning to drive in dublin ?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Would it be suicide ? I can sorta drive at home with country roads as long as we don't have to turn to turn right....also I was thinking of going with <SNIP>, anyone know them ?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just get lessons in Dublin, thousands of people learn to drive in Dublin every year, there's no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MyaP

I learnt how to drive in Dublin. A friend brought me down to the Quays and around there way too early and I was so frightened but apart from that Driving in Dublin is fine. I feel much more confident in built up areas, country roads can freak me out!!
    Guess it is what you know from expierence!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

No not at all.

In fact, Its likely to make you a more rounded driver as you will be far more competent in urban driver than a person of equivalent hours experience who has not driven in city traffic. I'm speaking as a fellow learner who has taken all of my tuition and private practice so to speak in and around the City. In fact, I'm trying to focus on getting more experience on rural or semi-rural roads myself in order to round out my own skills.

Advertisement