Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook & iMac deals

Options
  • 27-11-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭

With the new machines out a friend has let me know that the Apple stores in Ireland (the ones inside PC Worlds, Swords, Jervis, Liffey Valley & Cork, if you're up for a swim) are selling off old white macbooks for €799 and the old 24" 2.66GHz iMac for €1099... they're also expecting to get the new i5-powered iMacs next week.

Worthwhile for anyone out for a bit of a bargain and doesn't really mind about the newest stuff... or doesn't want to travel up to norn iron (though apparently it's not worth the trip anymore)... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

PC World in Liffey Valley are doing those deals anyway. 8 MacBooks and 4 iMac 24" in stock, with no more coming in obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Is there any difference in the old macbooks design wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Kevin! wrote: »
    Is there any difference in the old macbooks design wise?

The "old" Macbooks are the non-unibody design, they look like this (and have looked like that for a few years) - these are the ones PC World is selling off:

apple_macbook.jpg

The current gen. Macbooks use a unibody design even though they are plastic and look like this:

2009-10-20macbookreviewhero.jpg

The differences are more obvious if you look at them in store instead of photos...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Bought a 24" iMac, even though I was thinking about a macbook. superb value (Got 30€ ontop of retail price off also)

Advertisement