Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My wife is pregnant with our first!!

Options
  • 27-11-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi all

Just found out about an hour ago that my wife is pregnant the last 1-2 weeks.

Obviously I am over the moon, but I also have a nervous feeling in my stomach which I gather is part and parcel of it all.

It just has not sunk in yet at all!!

It was funny as I was in Donegal one night for work, and I got a feeling it was going to happen soon, I had a couple of dreams before that....strange but true. On that same night I heard the name Logan. I really like it.

What do you folks think of Logan for a boy, I know it is a unisex name, but I prefer it for a boy.

J

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Congrats! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

Congrats and look after her!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations :)

Don't expect it to sink in any time soon. We're still waiting for it to sink in! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Shinyboots

johnc24 wrote: »
    Hi all

Just found out about an hour ago that my wife is pregnant the last 1-2 weeks.

Obviously I am over the moon, but I also have a nervous feeling in my stomach which I gather is part and parcel of it all.

It just has not sunk in yet at all!!

It was funny as I was in Donegal one night for work, and I got a feeling it was going to happen soon, I had a couple of dreams before that....strange but true. On that same night I heard the name Logan. I really like it.

What do you folks think of Logan for a boy, I know it is a unisex name, but I prefer it for a boy.

J

well done mate!!!!, Our 4th, was one on Wednesday, a girl, that was after 3 boys.....I cried like a baby when my GF at the time ( wife now ) told me, I though my life was over haha, na they have their moments but it's the greatest thing ever to become a dad and to see you children being born!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Many congrats to you both OP, I am delighted to see you are thinking of the important things straight away rather than going into denial (like some partners do).

You actually don't realise the gravity of a baby until the little one os first in your arms!

Just remember, your OH will prob change her mind on every minute detail to do with the baby over the next few months, so don't take anything too seriously just yet:)

Again a hundred thousand times congrats!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Many congrats to you both OP, I am delighted to see you are thinking of the important things straight away rather than going into denial (like some partners do).

You actually don't realise the gravity of a baby until the little one os first in your arms!

Just remember, your OH will prob change her mind on every minute detail to do with the baby over the next few months, so don't take anything too seriously just yet:)

Again a hundred thousand times congrats!!!!

I am seeing quite a bit of OH. What does it mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

johnc24 wrote: »
    I am seeing quite a bit of OH. What does it mean?

As in what does OH mean, it means you Other Half (Herself):)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    As in what does OH mean, it means you Other Half (Herself):)

ahh! I knew it was so simple! my brain was not functioning at full throttle last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Stockpile sleep now. ;)

Congrats. :D

Hi Folks

Well a little update for you.

My wife went into labour at 30w 5d. She was getting upset because she thought she would be really, really small but at 0245 on the 5th June, our little Lydia put an appearance into this world and although 9 weeks early she weighed a not to shabby 1.8kg / 4lbs.

Obviously she was taken to ICU. My wife was let home today, again upset not to be taking our prize possesion with us but obviously she is in the best place in the world at the moment.She will be there until at least 35 weeks so that's another month.

Personally both my wife and I are extremely happy with holles st. and the staff, some really superb individuals there, with the exception of one doctor but that is irrelevent at this point.

From nurses, receptionists, doctors, midwives and ward sisters our journey with all of them was nothing short of positive and extremely satisfactory!!

Both mother and Lydia are doing well...

We both can't wait until the day we are allowed to take her home.

That's all for now

Regards
    John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Congrats on the birth of your daughter, what a fantastic weight too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Well done and congrats.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Congratulations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Congratulations to you both on the birth of your daughter, hopefully she'll be home with you soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

congrats my friend
    all i can say is enjoy every single second and i'm sure you will
    its quite simply the best time of your life
    stay lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, hopefully she will be home with you and your partner soon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. We have a low birth weight baby too (4lb 11 oz) but he was born at 37 weeks - you will be amazed at how fast they grow, our little man is 9 weeks 3 days old now and is almost 8lb 7oz. Tesco are good for smaller babies clothes and Holles Street are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

congratulations on becoming a daddy/ Had 2 prem myself, same weight. Hope u are both doing ok. Make sure you get your hands on the NICU booklet from Holles Street, it has loads of information and check out 2 irish sites;
    irishprematurebabies.com & prematurebaby.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ThatNewGuy

Congrats man! Maybe she just couldn't wait to meet her daddy? =D

Keep us posted!

Advertisement