Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Mk2 / Mk 3 differences

Options
  • 27-11-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Im looking to fix up my Mk2 Golf but find it is difficult to come across any for breaking, does anyone know would certain things from the Mk3 be compatible for use in the Mk2??

Such as the speed clocks, switch gear around the wheel (lights, wipers etc)

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭8vjohn

You should be able to get what you need on vagdrivers.net

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Cheers will take a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

What are you looking for? The clocks from a MK3 won't do a MK2. What is it you have? I have a set of clocks for a MK2 GTI going spare too

Its a 1.3 petrol GL not a GTI, doesn the GTI have a rev counter on the clocks?

The-Game wrote: »
    Its a 1.3 petrol GL not a GTI, doesn the GTI have a rev counter on the clocks?

It does have a rev counter. And believe it or not if you put GTI clocks into your car the rev counter works. The thing you need to find out is if your car is single or double pin.

What year is your car?

• Advertisement

Onkle wrote: »
    It does have a rev counter. And believe it or not if you put GTI clocks into your car the rev counter works. The thing you need to find out is if your car is single or double pin.

What year is your car?

Really? I had been told the rev counter wouldn't work as the original clocks only had a time clock in its place, its a 1990.

Really? I had been told the rev counter wouldn't work as the original clocks only had a time clock in its place, its a 1990.

I thought the same thing myself but I was wrong. The MFA won't work though. I would think you need single pin clocks being a 90 spec but the only way to be sure is to have a look. I can't help you there, the one's I have 2 pin

I thought the same thing myself but I was wrong. The MFA won't work though. I would think you need single pin clocks being a 90 spec but the only way to be sure is to have a look. I can't help you there, the one's I have 2 pin

Would have to pull the broken ones out and have a look in behind them to see, haven't gotten around to that yet but will be doing it in the morning and hitting a few breakers yards, if yours fit sure I'll be onto you!

Would have to pull the broken ones out and have a look in behind them to see, haven't gotten around to that yet but will be doing it in the morning and hitting a few breakers yards, if yours fit sure I'll be onto you!

Any other help you need just give me a shout... I also have a 1.8 GTI engine sitting here :D

I'll be working on my own car tomorrow, I'm pulling my clocks out in favour of the 16v clocks seeing as I've added more grunt

Any other help you need just give me a shout... I also have a 1.8 GTI engine sitting here :D

I'll be working on my own car tomorrow, I'm pulling my clocks out in favour of the 16v clocks seeing as I've added more grunt

Very nice, could be tempting to boost her up to a 1.8 GTI alright!! :D

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind seeing a few pics of your car. I'm quite the fan of the mk2 :)

Will try get a few when shes ready and presentable then!!

Picked up a set of clocks today for €30 so happy with that!

Will try get a few when shes ready and presentable then!!

Picked up a set of clocks today for €30 so happy with that!

GTI clocks?

No a set from a GL, replaces what was in it!

Advertisement