Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what recording studio is the best to use

Options
  • 27-11-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

My girlfriend is an opera singer in dubln

for christmas i would like to get her a recording in a studio. what recording studio is the best value for money. i dont want the cheapest necessarily but the best for your buck. quality is important. windmill lane works out at near €1,000 per day !!!!

dublin if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

you'll get plenty of answers in the Music Production forum

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

As much as it is a nice idea theres a few factors to consider, what would you be aiming for with the recording? Are you just looking to give her the experience of being in a studio or is the gift that she'd be able to take away a professional recording? Also does she have her own material or would it be cover songs? Does she have backing tracks or recordings prepared of the instrumentation?

As I said its a really nice idea but theres a lot of practicalities to be considered too. Dont even consider the likes of Windmill Lane, most Dublin bands dont even bother with it as its not aimed (or priced) towards local or amateur musicians. Reply or drop me a pm with the details I was asking above. I have my own studio in my house but I dont think it'd be what you're looking for. Im very familiar with all the studio around Dublin though so at the very least I can steer you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

im an recording engineer I do lots of classical type stuff, I'd say try westland studios. They've been there about 25 years...
    great mics and a grand piano.

lots of experience with classical music too

Of course opera is probably best recorded in a live situation, like a real opera! But if you book a decent piano player you could probably get a good deal on 3 hours or so. It would be plenty of time, you don't want her singing for hours on end anyway... They also do deals through a gift company. But your best bet is to just call Deirdre at the studio.

Advertisement