Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic 2.2 iCTDi ES -or- S40 1.6D S

Options
  • 27-11-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

A relative is considering the above. She can get the Civic for about a grand less than the S40.

Which would you pick?

Civic vs S40 22 votes

Civic 2.2 iCTDi
    0% 0 votes
    S40 1.6D
    100% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Civic obviously. The SE-S is pretty well equipped and the 140bhp engine is a peach.
    €156 a year tax too isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

The Civic - even if it was the more expensive option. Given that its cheaper its a no brainer to me. S40 is just a Focus that doesnt handle as well in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The Civic is great with that engine. Only thing I don't like about the them is the road noise and the suspension thudding over them bumps. The S40 would be way better in this regard. Nice bit more power than the S40 though

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

and it's "i-CTDi"

thought you of all people would know that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I'll vote for the Civic too. S40 1.6d is underpowered but well specced. Haven't driven a Civic diesel, but that's a nice engine in the Accord and the Petrol Civic I drove was very impressive.

Sure putting the 2 together can't go too wrong.

Plus, it's about time someone bought a Honda - please tell me they aren't going up North for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

After a test drive of both today the jury have spoken. Deposit has been put on this.

http://rightpricecarsprussia.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200939195293977

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

A bit late now but i think it would depend entirely on the buyer, if they were'nt a racy driver or anything and just wanted a comfortable, nice looking car, with a well specced interiior, the volvo may be a better buy, still voted for the civic though as tbh, thought it would have been a civic saloon, which surely is directly comparable to the s40, and the civic saloon is way better looking tham the hatch too, IMO:)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

JHMEG wrote: »
    After a test drive of both today the jury have spoken. Deposit has been put on this.

http://rightpricecarsprussia.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200939195293977

Excellent choice! Any chance you can tell what final price did you get from them?

kucyk wrote: »
    Excellent choice! Any chance you can tell what final price did you get from them?

€22,200

All I'll say is the Civic has a fantastic amount of toys and has huge poke.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it a UK car as I cannot imagine too many Irish people ordering that panoramic style roof?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Friend of mine has the same model Civic and it's a really nice car. He's getting very good mpg and it's very pokey. Little noisy for me but I've got the petrol saloon version so I suppose the petrol will always be quieter.

Love slagging him about driving a tractor but I actually like it a lot. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Do you mind me asking what they were like to deal with?

No I don't mind! Grand, not pushy at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Cool, have my eye on a couple of motors there, might drop in next week. Congrats on the new car btw, looks great.

Thanks, but it was my aunt that bought it. :( I'm green with envy..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

bazz26 wrote: »
    Is it a UK car as I cannot imagine too many Irish people ordering that panoramic style roof?

I love Pano roofs. I would have chosen the Civic based on that alone. :pac:
    Regardless, the Civic looks better and I dont know anything about eithers performance, sounds better in that regard too.

Advertisement