Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Shooper Xmas present for wife? yay or nay?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Morning,

This seems like the most logical place for this question so hopefully someone can help me out.

I was thinking of getting one of those personal shoopers in Dundrum for my new wife for christmas along with a few hundred in spending money for the trip. I know she had said in the past she would like one of those style consultants. I do however have a few questions for you?

1. Are they any good or are they just paid shop assistants to help you carry your bags? (style consultants or just shoppers)

2. Although she has said in the past she would like one is this something she should get herself? As in do I look like I am saying she NEEDS a style consultant by getting her this?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Colour me beautiful do a shop till you drop day, They go over what shape and colours to wear and make up. You can pre load there credit card and they will take your wife shopping. I did it years ago and loved it.
    Last Christmas I go the mens image package for my husband and he loved it. The Woman went over colour nad waht shapes/styles suit him plus hair styles etc, then they hit the shops and he got a load of stuff that he really loves. He says he will do the personal shopping part again. T
    The good thing about it is you are not tied to any shop, they did the whole of Grafton st plus lots of other places. If I remember right they stared at 10am and finished at around 5pm with a lunch stop and coffee on between ( I think James paid for both lunches as he felt the lady was so nice and helpful)
    I plan to do it again in the new year. PM me if you want the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

Thanks. A full day session sounds expensive though. Would you mind letting me know how much that cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Lana80

Hi dohda,I think it sounds like a great idea.I went to a personal shopper called Sally-Ann about 2 years ago,who works in House of Fraser in Dundrum shopping centre.No cost invoved except for the price of the clothes.She was great and my sister went last year upon my recommendation and was really happy also.
    Would advise you to get her something to give on Christmas day as it's always nice to get something tangible.
    All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

dohda wrote: »
    Thanks. A full day session sounds expensive though. Would you mind letting me know how much that cost?

Sure, have just called to check this years prices and the full image, make up, shopping plus extra is 370e

ThE "R" busting one is whick is pretty much the same but with less time is 250e

Have a look on the web site www.cmbireland.com

Let me know how ou get on.

Advertisement