Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skirtingborad heating

Options
  • 27-11-2009 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Has anybody considered using a thermal skirting instead of rads or UFH? I have seen this and it seems good, canm be run off back boiler etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alfaromeo84

65 views and nobody has an opinion.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,121 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Has anybody considered using a thermal skirting instead of rads or UFH? I have seen this and it seems good, canm be run off back boiler etc.

didnt see this thread ;)

personally i think it is too "commercial" for use in a domestic situation. I have seen it in a hotel nearby, the abbeyleix manor, and it looks quite well.

However, on long runs the vent gap and the metallic form can become very apparent. It wouldnt be of much use in a compact domestic situation where there is a doorway every few meters, as the heating pipes need to be continuous AFAIK....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

considered it, got a quotation, stopped considering it. way too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alfaromeo84

Ablelocks, was it just on price alone you dismissed it. I am awaiting a quote from a company well known for it, i don't like the look of rads, had hoped to use a backboiler stove with UFH, but plumber says its a no-go. Its for a new build.

I had thought the back boiler stove could power this type of heating.

Advertisement