Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ink virgin

Options
  • 27-11-2009 5:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I'm a tattoo virgin here.

I'm 20 and very artistic and always wanted a tattoo but could never (still cant) decide what i autually want to get.

I'm a bit worried that i wont like the final look of the tatoo and I guess i wont know untill its completed. This worries me slightly as Im a bit of a perfectionist. And obvioulsy its a big decision as i would have to look at it for the rest of my life.

I have strong feelings that I would never be able to just go into a shop and get something straight from a book, something meaninless ya know? Like a dolphin or doggy symbol. I really want to get something that means something to me. Something personal, even if its abstract, something that means something to me and i know what it is even if somebody else does'nt. I hate small tattoos scattered around the body, I would love to get a sleve, love it! But anyone i've mentioned this to has put me off. Yet i hate the common lower back look. I like wrist tattoos and ankle/lower leg ones also, Im just at a loss as what to get ill most likey draw my design my self, or get a tattoo artist to help, defo wont be rushing it.

Damn Miami/La ink for raising my expactations! lol

Anyway, what was my point again? Oh yes i was thinking of getting something Irish, I love celtic writting but cant really seem to find anything amazing, really like this too http://tattoosbymasami.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/claddagh_foot_tattoo.jpg. Anyone has any idea of things that are typically irish but not as in your face or well know as the typical 100%irish, lerpancon, shamrock stuff.

Cheers.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

1st off id say chill out and relax. Whats the rush, why don't you go to a reputable tattoo artist and have a chat. See if you can come up with some idea's.

If you are still unsure then wait until you come across something you like or come up with an idea you like. Just don't rush it or you'll prob regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

I'm in the same boat myself, been thinking about it for about 2 years and mentally firming up a design in my head & getting use dto the idea.

Surely though, if you're artistic yourself there's a particular style or theme or subject that's special for you? Look at your own art for your inspiration... I find looking at other people's tattoos doesn't really help :/

Advertisement