Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model Glider Plane

Options
  • 27-11-2009 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I bought a 'Multiplex Glider' model plane. The glider has a wing span of approx 2.4m, has its own onboard electric engine for bringing it up and helping to launch etc... (it can also fly without engine)

My problem is with the German Multiplex SX Cockpit radio. Its my first glider plane and I am having great difficulty in trying to programe the radio with the servos. I have made good progress but the engine has a special sequence to start it. I have the instructions but its still no good.

Is there anyone that could possibly shed light on this for me. At present my beautiful glider is just gathering dust.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Hi,

Where are you living ?
    Will be hard to explain that, but will be much better if you can meet someone in your area to have a look at the setup for you :) (I live in Dublin... But we are meeting this week end in Mt Leinster, Co. Wexford...)

What model type have you setup on the radio ?
    What channel the throttle is on ?

Cockpit SX is a great little radio ! I guess you have a Cularis from MPX... Another advice would be to do the first flight with someone if you are a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 digestive

I'm living in Galway.

The channel been used is the set up for the glider.

Engine Channel
    The engine has its own assigned channel. Problem been that at its first run there is a particular way on knocking it on.

first flight
    I will do my first flight with someone if I ever get there.

Someone in my area.
    I brought the model several times to a well known model shop and they were great but here I am still on this web site looking for answers.

frustrating

thanks for your reply.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

digestive wrote: »
    Engine Channel
    The engine has its own assigned channel. Problem been that at its first run there is a particular way on knocking it on. ....

The initialisation of the motor would be to do with the electronic speed controller. You need to read the ESC instructions leaflet to find the solution to your difficulty.
    As a possiblity:
    Some ESCs require that you plug the battery in with the throttle already in the minimum (stick low) position, and refuse to go if it is not this way.
    Others calibrate from your input and require that you move the stick from low to high to inform the ESC where low and high are, then it calibrates and beeps to say ready, but waits for you to return the stick to low before it arms itself.

If you are in doubt, remove the prop while "fiddling" then no accidents can happen if you bring it to life unexpectedly.

So, the model shop can't [rogram the radio / glider for you ?? :confused::confused:

Ok, so Throttle is on Channel 4 on your receiver right ? And it's activated by the left stick, going up and down on your radio ?

I think you are talking about the throttle check.. That mean, when you turn on the radio, the motor won't start unless you put the control to idle (fully down) first. That then activate the throttle. For security reason.
    You should have something on the screen that tell you about the throttle ("TH" I think on the SX...)
    If you have all that, but still not working, reverse the throttle on the radio, the control might be the wrong way around if you see what I mean! (Stick down, is in fact full power, so the radio will not allow the motor to start...)

Check your manual, you should also be able to remove the throttle check, but I would advice you to keep it, and save a few of your fingers, they might come handy :p

Hey Norman,

He certainly have the MPX combo. Esc don't have this feature on the combo AFAIK :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 digestive

Thanks for the advice. I will check this out shortly and hopefully it will work.

regards,

Digestive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bless You

Class act

Advertisement