Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor for water cylinder

Options
  • 27-11-2009 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey Boardies...

I'd appreciate some advice please.

I've just noticed that the motor pump attached in beside my water cylinder keeps coming on every 10 seconds or so. It then stops for about the same time, and comes on again. This pump circulates water around my apartment. The pump is coming on without any taps/rads/shower etc being turned on. I’ve made sure to check thoroughly.

Can anyone tell me what possibly might be going on with it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Limescale buildup on a toilet cistern inlet valve caused something similar for me. Very easy to fix at no expense.

If the pump has a small pressure cylinder on it, it might be that the cylinder has lost pressure and just needs the cap taking off and a bit of air pumped into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

This can be a few things. But to start. Look into your toilet and see if its leaking back into the bowl. Imagine your toilet is like the face of a clock. Look at the 12 o clock and 6 o clock position see if you can see a light trickle of water.

Also have you recently intoduced any new appliences like a washer dryer combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LaFleur

Look into your toilet and see if its leaking back into the bowl. Imagine your toilet is like the face of a clock. Look at the 12 o clock and 6 o clock position see if you can see a light trickle of water.

What a genius!!!

I did exactly that, and the water was running! Turns out that the ballcock was being restricted from moving all the way up in the cisternand as a result, the water kept flowing! Thanks a million for your help! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

LaFleur wrote: »
    What a genius!!!

I did exactly that, and the water was running! Turns out that the ballcock was being restricted from moving all the way up in the cisternand as a result, the water kept flowing! Thanks a million for your help! :D

:o No problem. If it keeps happening buy some silicone spray in a car shop and spray it where its rubbing.The silicone spray is non tainting. It will stop that and its easier than getting a plumber.

Never use blu loo's in a top flush cistern.

Advertisement